Thursday, June 12, 2008

One Year Old!


Alex is a year old! In some ways, that's hard to believe. In others, it really isn't. We've had such a busy year-- interviewing for jobs, buying/building a house in Orlando, leaving P'cola, moving into the new house, adjusting to a new job, adjusting to being a stay-at-home mom, etc.-- that it seems like a long time.

I feel really blessed that Alex has continued to thrive throughout all these changes. He is quite a fun little guy these days. He is walking pretty well, even turning and spinning today. He has a really remarkable vocabulary of one syllable words. I'd say there are 40 and he adds at least one new one everyday. (Mom is still not one, by the way. I guess I'm not as important as cheese or balloons.) And, he has quite a funny little personality. He's very loving and likes to give hugs and kisses. But, he's also a product of his parents; so, when he makes up his mind about something he wants, watch out!

Before Alex's birthday, Dennis and I celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary with a getaway to The Dunes, off the coast of Charleston, SC. It was lovely! The place is great and we really enjoyed all the resort amenities. For me, though, the most relaxing part was sleeping late in the mornings and napping every afternoon on my own schedule. We were able to do the trip because Mom and Dad were good enough to keep Alex 4 nights. He had a ball, of course, playing with Grandma, Grandpa and Abuelita. He even came back with some improved manners! I'm thinking of sending him to stay with them once a month for a refresher course. :)

The pix here are Alex on the day he turned one, playing with balloons sent by Grandma Mi Mi. What a hit! Oh, and one of the face Alex makes when he's "asking" me for something.

5 comments:

The Stiffs said...

Happy Birthday Alex! Time sure flies...

Bree said...

In one of the pictures he really looks like you! I love all that curly hair--such a handsome kid. And a funny thing, Fiona calls her grandma "Mimi," too, even though her name is not Mimi (or even close--it is Phyllis).
Happy Birthday!
Bree

Hilary said...

he's so cute and we love to him to pieces!

Unknown said...

I have enjoyed watching the video over and over. My little prince is so adorable! I'm anxiously awaiting a new blog about the job and Alex's "school".

Great Aunt Carolyn

Unknown said...

Okay - Time for new pictures of this gorgeous baby!!!!!!